Our Excel webinar usually takes place between 09.30h and 16.00h, but times can be adjusted according to your preferences,
Just get to work
We set everything up, provide you with an exercise file and invite you via Zoom.
Also in company
On request also available as a virtual in-house training for companies and organizations.
EXCEL WEBINAR CONTENTS
Step-by-step documentation & certificate
You will receive comprehensive documentation and further information as a reference for everyday use. In addition, we provide you with a certificate of participation.
Who usually takes part?
With our Excel online training, we generally address everyone who wants to gain confidence and proficiency when working with Excel.
Live Excel Webinar
For our Excel webinar we prefer to use the video conferencing systems Zoom, Webex and Teams. If you need an alternative programme, please let us know. With your registration, you will receive an invitation link and can then simply participate on the desired date via your browser. In addition, we will send you a link to download our file with the Excel exercises of the webinar in advance. During the webinar, we will guide you step by step and you will have the opportunity to ask questions at any time.
What you will learn in our Excel Online Training | 6,5h
Data analysis: Working effectively with tables and lists
- Table formatting procedure that you can use every time you export data to Excel (formatting, fixings, visual hierarchy)
- Apply selected values of a table to a calculation simultaneously (e.g. divide all values of a column by 100)
- Rotate tables
- Search for specific content in tables
- Compare tables and find e.g. duplicates or discrepancies
- Sort options according to several criteria
- Number filter / word filter
- Filter options with and / or
- Highlight values with conditional formatting (rule to highlight cells, use icons, heatmaps. etc.)
- Relative and absolute references
- Spark lines
- Transfer data from other formats (e.g. PDF) into Excel
- Use pivot tables effectively
- VLOOKUP (very practical for searching in tables, e.g. display the price for a certain product from a product list and merge data from several worksheets)
- INDEX MATCH as an alternative to VLOOKUP
- Keyboard shortcuts that save you a lot of time
Calculations: Working with functions
- Create dropdown selection fields, e.g. to offer variables
- Target value search, e.g. for result planning
- Break-even analysis to determine the break-even point
- Creating scenarios with estimator and trend functions
- Calculate with date and time periods
- Sum product
- Logic (IF-function)
- Nest functions (e.g. second and third IF-function to calculate a commission scale)
- IF function with AND / OR
- COUNTIF using the example of evaluating a survey
- Left, Right, Part (cutting out cell contents)
- Length, count, count2
- Concatenate, join and text in columns
- Conditional formatting depending on other cells, e.g. if a certain value in cell X is exceeded, then cells are highlighted in colour
- Frequency (e.g. how many customers have ordered between 5 and 10 times?)
- Data visualization: How to communicate data effectively
Design principles to guide your viewers’ attention
- Recommendations on how to choose the most appropriate chart type in each case
- Customize charts effectively (color, font, axes labels, scales, order of data, etc)
- Show developments as a waterfall model
- Diagrams with 2 axes (secondary axis) to show a third dimension (e.g. a trend line)
- Histograms (summary of data)
- Project plan (Gantt chart)
- Integrated bar charts (e.g. ideal for budget presentations)
- Before – after comparisons with a dot line chart (show how something has improved / deteriorated)
Your Excel webinar trainer is SkillDay founder and CEO Joern Steinz (MBA). Through his work as a management consultant at Accenture and as a manager in the area of corporate development at XING AG and the Freenet Group, he has lived in Excel for years. Since 2014, Mr Steinz has been offering inspiring and effective business training as an Excel trainer. On Google+, Mr Steinz’s workshops are rated on average with 4.9 out of a possible 5 points.
DATES & REGISTRATION
Please use our short ticket form of our partner eventbrite below for your registration. With your registration, you will receive your registration confirmation, invoice and invitation link for your Excel training via Zoom within 24 hours at the latest. If you can not see the registration form below, click the following link to get to our ticket partner eventbrite. We look forward to training with you!
0049 175 566 4329
(Contact person Joern Steinz)
Select your date in the following form:
Why should You learn Excel?
There are a whole host of new apps on the market that promise to get things done quickly. But there is a reason that Microsoft Excel is still the gold standard for solving many problems in business. With 80% of jobs now requiring spreadsheet and word processing skills, it is only natural that you will come across Excel at some point in your career. Excel does much more than simply produce a table of numbers. Several studies have shown that a large percentage of highly skilled jobs require spreadsheet knowledge and, in many cases, advanced Excel experience.
Does your organisation keep track of data, but do you not yet know how to work with it? Do you want to get to know the possibilities of Excel as a data analysis tool and learn how to use simple calculations and formulas to get insights from your data? Then follow our Excel online training!
Many people immediately think of big data and advanced programs to understand it. But data starts small! And Excel is a great tool for working with data. We teach you step by step how to do that.